Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve!

In all of my years of seeking celebrity encounters, I have rarely accidentally run into one. Even rarer is when I run into one and recognize the celeb. Usually, one of my friends will point out the celeb. I guess I am sort of oblivious to my surroundings.
Early Friday morning as I walked through O'Hare Airport, I found myself walking behind Steve Wilkos (the big, bald security guy from Jerry Springer). Wilkos currently hosts his own tv show. I actually recognized him immediately (although he does stand out from a crowd).
You would think this was the perfect opportunity for me to talk to him. Wilkos looked a bit tired (it was a very early flight) and I chose not to bother him or attract attention his way. I did greet him quietly and he seemed appreciative that I did not make a big deal out of it.
The funny thing is this is my second near encounter with Wilkos. Years ago, unbeknownst to me, he was supposed to sign autographs at a local store. I just happened to be there. The store's owner screwed up the dates or something, resulting in nobody really being there for Wilkos to meet. Wilkos was very nice about it and agreed to come back another time.
The next time I run into Wilkos, I am definitely going to get a picture with him. Three strikes and I am out!
Steve Wilkos without Johngy-mid 2008.