Christmas Chaos Courtesy of Mick Foley

I couldn't let Christmas week pass without highlighting a man who absolutely cherishes Christmas. Mick Foley loves Christmas. Foley has even authored a book about his favorite holiday called 'Christmas Chaos'. It is an amusing tale, complete with artwork by Jerry 'the King' Lawler. Together, they make this book fun for everyone.
I first met Foley years ago at a Borders Books in Oak Park, IL. He w
as wearing the Santa hat and was definitely in the holiday mood as the snow started to fall. I didn't have much of a chance to talk with him or even pose with him for a photo, because the line was too long.
Years later at a Wrestling Reunion, I would get to spend actual quality minutes with Foley. That time was highlighted by Laurie and Mick discussing writing (but I will discuss that much more in depth in a future post). Suffice it to say, it was one of the most surreal moments I have witnessed.
Since then, I have met Foley a few times. He is different from the average celebrity at appearances. Foley will talk with you about virtually anything and for longer than the average time it takes to sign a picture.
Mick Foley and me in Tampa, FL-January 2005.