The 3D Art Book (Tristan Eaton)

Strange, I feels like I've been living at Barnes and Noble recently. Mainly hanging out in the art section, perusing through there very limited book selections, while complaining to myself. I've been to 5 or 6 Barnes and Noble this past week and they seem very complacent about restocking books in the art section. But whatever! I ended up spending over $200 on books, so I can't complain too much. Today though, I made the decision to break up with that hussy B&N. Gold-digging slut! Taking all my money and always asking about a membership card! PSSST!

Anywho... I wanted to talk about this one book I bought called "The 3D Art Book" by Tristan Eaton. The book is a basically a collection art pieces from contemporary artists around the world, but heres the kicker! 96% of the book is anaglyphic (retro 3D). Dude! I bought it without thinking! I also most ripped the book out of the cashiers hands when I saw that 3D glasses were included. The concept of a anaglyphic book isn't new but it makes for a pretty neat coffee table book.
(Dead Superman by D*face)

Hmm... I do have a gripe or two about the book. The anaglyph in the book works and sometimes doesn't work, if you caught my drift. Art pieces from Esao Andrews and Greg Simkins (Craola) look dope as shit, giving off that depth of feel that's almost surreal. But pieces from D*face and Gary Baseman had me forcing myself to see the 3D, kind of like looking at an autostereogram (magic eye puzzle).

I use to have a pair of 3D glasses when I was younger and now that I have a new pair, it brings back memories. Like, horrific and painful memories. Damn! Their cool and all but these glasses rape the hell out of your eye if you were them too long.