GLASSES ANYONE?

In my recent vertigo post I joked about the doctor locating my glasses inside my empty, dizzy head.

In reality, I do seem to keep misplacing my reading glasses. Not to be confused with the bifocals which I actually purchased at Lenscrafters to the tune of a couple hundred dollars, including frames. But I did get them in about an hour. These are my 3rd pair of bifocals.

The very first ones never were correct and the optometrist never made a proper correction, so I never wore them.

My 2nd pair are the sunglasses I currently have and they are great. (Got them at Lenscrafters too.)  But my last pair are very narrow and I think that is why I have to elevate them on my nose for close up and push them down for distance. Very annoying, so I don’t wear them unless I’m driving on sunless days, pushed halfway down my nose, and even then I usually end up with my sunglasses on – looking very Hollywood in the gloom, quite a lot like Raquel (Welch)!!

Hence the 5 pair of el cheapo readers that are scattered about the house. You would think that with that many laying around somewhere there would always be a pair within reach but, no, you would be wrong. I think that they currently reside – in the kitchen, in the bathroom, in my art box, on my drafting table and . . . um . . . crap . . . . See what I mean – I am simply incapable of keeping track of them. Maybe I need a clapper or beeper or something affixed to them.  But, what the heck, the last 2 pair cost $1.00 each so guess I can afford to lose them periodically.

Just yesterday I was in a panic - couldn't find the sunglasses.  Well, don't blame me on that one - haven't needed them in ages since we have not had any sun for weeks!  I remembered wearing them in a car, but whose car?  Looked in mine, nope.  My husband's, nope.  Thought I'd left them in my daughter's but decided against making that call until I had exhausted all other possibilities.  Maybe left them in my friend's?  Didn't want to bother her at dinner, so looked again.  Then again.   Finally, on the last search I found them on the chair behind the purse covered with several light jackets, an umbrella, a pair of winter gloves, the dog leash and, for some unexplained reason, an unopened package of roach traps.

HELP ME!