IXNAY ON THE UNFLOWERS-SAY

Here is a grouping of sunflowers. This painting started a bit differently than the previous single sunflower (posted on June 19 and 21).
After getting my drawing ready, I went ahead and transferred it to my paper and then began my pouring – rather than pouring and then transferring the drawing. Colors used were hansa yellow, quinacridone gold, hansa yellow deep, Indian yellow, cadmium orange, vermillion, organic vermillion, sap green undersea green, jadeite (some Daniel Smith, some DaVinci). My browns were various combinations of the oranges with the greens. Other than that, the process was the same – as you can see by the progression of photos below.
I am not happy with this one and will try again. It is just too dull – I totally lost all my vibrant colors. My husband liked it, though! So maybe he will like the next one I do, too!
Above - got too brown too quick and - below - way too dull!