CRISIS!


I couldn’t breathe, my heart was pounding, my eyes welling up with tears – I was in full blown panic mode.

“Why?” you ask.

I thought I was out of Daniel Smith Indanthrone Blue*.

I had:
Antwerp blue
Blue ochre
Cobalt blue
Cobalt teal blue
French ultramarine
Genuine azurite
Genuine lapis lazuli
Lunar blue
Manganese blue hue
Phthalo blue
Prussian blue
Smalt genuine – Daniel Smith and Winsor/Newton
Soldalite genuine
Ultramarine blue – Maimeri
Ultramarine turquoise

Even Payne’s gray!

“Check again, check again” my brain cried. So I did – and, lo and behold, there it was. How did I miss it the first time?

Oh well – once again my heart rate is slow and steady, I’m taking full breaths and able to see clearly again.

All’s right in my painting world!

* Those of you who know me know that I pretty much cannot paint unless I have Daniel Smith Indanthrone Blue and Quinacridone Gold on my palette! So you would understand how upset I truly was!