Friendly Encounters

This is the first in a series of meetings of my friends and celebs.

I have known Jake for most of his li
fe. I have seen him grow into a fine (and big) almost 9 year old. Recently, Jake has started getting interested in the Chicago White Sox and pro wrestling (AJ Pierzynski would cover both). He also expressed an interest in meeting some celebs with me. He was disappointed when he found out that his mom and I met Mick Foley years ago without him (even though he would have been too young to remember).
Five years ago, Jake had his first documented encounter with a celebrity (Santa Claus does not count). Jake met Sir Topham Hatt, the head of the railway in the Thomas the Tank Engine series. I have a theory on the whole Thomas series, but I'll leave that for another post. For now, I present a happy youngster, my pal Jake.
Jake and Sir Topham Hatt in Chicago, IL-October 2003.