Cicada insect Steampunk brass wire sculpture

I always wanted to make a cicada with brass and copper wire , like a skeleton ,then incorporate part of antique watch to it . Now i only made the skeleton and i will also add two more pair of legs + a small pair of retractable back wings . So here's the preview .







I will continue to work on it later today . Now its almost 3 am here so time to sleep .

A few hours later , 5 october 18:00 pm

I have decided to add the gears first . I may have to put that project aside for a few days .
Meanwhile here's what it looks like .



6 October 22:00 pm

I started the head , It was missing life . Now its looking at me already spying on my every moves. I'm slowly thinking about the story of this bug ,wondering what purpose the inventor had in mind . Perhaps it was able to time travel either in the past or in the future . Maybe it was a device to spy on what had happened and resolve present mysteries . What were the other abilities of this bug .Was it able to sing in silence like a cicada and emit frequencies that travels throught time and allow the owner to see the future from it's eye , of course that after the signal has been decoded by the proper receptor. Perhaps the best way to solve this mystery would be simply to use the bug and verify (spy on) what the inventor was intending to do with it .



7 October 22:45 pm

It's amazing how just adding one part to the item , i can see the whole dynamic change . For instance now i have just added the 2 missing pair of legs and it is already walking everywhere .