Pumpkin everything, please

Last fall my roommates and I capitalized on all things pumpkin. In the span of about two weeks, we tried pumpkin milkshakes, pumpkin scones, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin waffles, pumpkin icecream, pumpkin cookies, and my new favorite, pumpkin beer*.

*Note: I just did a search on the pumpkin ale that I drank the most of last fall, and it only earned a C+ on the beer raters' scale! I guess I don't have very refined beer taste... but I did love this beer!

Tonight my pumpkin craving resurfaced, and I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins! I found the recipe at allrecipes.com. The recipe is actually for pumpkin chocolate chip bread, but I adapted it to making muffins, baking them at 24 minutes a batch instead of 60. They turned out sooooo good. Thank goodness I live with four other girls who will help me eat them!

You can find the recipe for the pumpkin chocolate chip bread here. I noticed after baking them that many people had commented that they would use less nutmeg next time, and more chocolate chips. I already used twice the amount of chocolate chips called for in my batch, but I agree with the comments about using less nutmeg. That is, if you want to go for total perfection.


All of the recipes I've used so far from allrecipes.com have been really good. Last summer my roommates and I made these Oatmeal and Wheat Flour Blueberry Pancakes quite a bit.