It's All About PJ Soles

Most people remember P.J. Soles from her role in Halloween or Stripes or even Private Benjamin. I first took notice of Soles in the lesser-known Rock 'N' Roll High School.
As a young teenager, this film, featuring the Ramones and also starring Clint Howard and Vince Van Patten, was as cool as it got. The plot was forgettable, but it didn't matter, since watching the Ramones perform their songs was the best part. Remember, this was before YouTube. The Ramones dominated the soundtrack, but Paul
McCartney, Todd Rundgren, (our old friend) Brian Eno and several others also contributed.
Oh, yeah, back to Soles...I met Soles at a convention several years ago. The meeting left me flat. She wasn't unpleasant. Actually, she was quite bland. Maybe I just caught her at a down time, but I never understand why stars would do these shows, but be so indifferent. At least Soles was better than some stars who have been surly at conventions.
PJ Soles and me in Rosemont, IL-mid 00's.