Friendly Encounters

This is another in a series of meetings of my friends and celebs.

This is a special edition of Friendly Encounters for 2 reasons. First, it features my sister and my niece (Jean and Samantha). Sam is making her debut on Johngy's Beat! Jean's family moved to Houston, TX for a few years. Ironically, I became closer to them through the various visits I made. I will always treasure the time we spent in Houston, but I am glad they have since returned to the Chicago area.
The second reason this is special is because of my friend Chuck (aka Chachi). On a baseball road trip to Minneapolis, my friends and I agreed to read 'The 5th Horseman' by James Patterson and cast the characters for a movie version. For whatever reason, Chachi was determined to land a role for James Denton. Chachi almost seemed desperate. It has since become a long-running joke between us. It should also be noted that our choices were much better than those made for the ill-fated tv series.
Anyway, Jean and Sam met Denton at Minute Maid Park in Houston. Denton is known to be a fan of the Los Angeles Dodgers, but was attending an Astros game while in Houston. Little did they all know back then that they'd end up on Johngy's Beat.
I hope Chachi isn't too upset.

Jean, Samantha and James Denton at Minute Maid Park in Houston, TX-mid 00's.