New Marbling Technique

I saw a picture of nails on another blog that were marbled using a needle. I decided to go ahead and try it because it looked so pretty and it was something new. I applied my base color which was WnW French White Creme on one nail and then immediately put 1 drop of WnW Caribbean Frost. I then quickly put another drop of polish in the center of the first dot, this time I used Pure Ice Wild Thing. Then using a needle I pulled the green up into the white over and over creating small swirls. I then pulled some of the white polish into the green to give more contrast. It took me about 3 nails until I got the hang of it. Next time I do this type of design I will create a tutorial but for now if you are going to try this I have some important tips:

  • Do not use a quick dry polish because it will not work (I tried) 
  • Only do one nail at a time so the polish does not dry
  • I used the sharp end of the needle but if you want thicker swirls the other end works too
  • Use small drops of polish otherwise you will just flood your nail
  • This technique gets a little messy so make sure you have a good cleanup method
  • Most importantly you have to be quick and marble the colors before any of the polish dries
  • Be creative, practice and don't give up!



If you have any question about how to do this I will be happy to help!