Mick Foley at the 2008 Motor City Comic Con

The last 2 years, I have had a blast at the Motor City Comic Con in Novi (MI). This year, not only am I going to there, I am covering the convention online for Global Traveler magazine.
I have previously written about the MCCC for Global Traveler. For those who missed it, you can read it here.
On Johngy's Beat, I have already written about meeting several celebrities at the MCCC in 2007 and 2008. In earlier pieces, I wrote about graphic artist Connie Persampieri, actors Dan Haggerty, Ami Dolenz, Joe Pantoliano, Michael Gross, Lou Ferrigno, Tony Burton, Alan Ruck, Genie Francis (with Jonathan Frakes) and Tony Moran, musician Micky Dolenz and wrestlers Christy Hemme and Gail Kim. Over the next few weeks, I will be highlighting other celebrities I have met ath the MCCC.
I have met Mick Foley several times. Meeting Foley at the MCCC was a great time. There were a good amount of people waiting to meet Foley, but there was also some quieter times. Foley admitted that perhaps he (or the WWE then) should have advertised his appearance more to the wrestling community.
I took the opportunity to spend a few extra minutes with the hardcore legend. Foley was his usual fun self. He lamented that at one point he was being outdrawn by a Monkee (Micky Dolenz at the next booth). I reminded him of some stories from meeting him at a Wrestler Reunion a few years back. He remembered meeting Laurie and me.
Foley is a natural at these shows (maybe even taking too long with each person, but that is better than too short). Foley had several 8x10's from which to choose, along with his books. Additionally, on the second day, he brought along a friend. Even though I already saw him the previous day, I had to see him again to meet Mr. Socko!
Mick Foley, Mr. Socko and me at the Motor City Comic Con in Novi, MI-May 2008.