The Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart

Even a casual wrestling fan of the 1980's would recognize Jimmy Hart.  I first saw him as an annoying manager of several "heel" tag teams.  In that pre-internet era, behind the scenes stuff was unseen in the world of wrestling.
I had no idea Hart was an excellent musician.  In fact, he wrote many of the theme songs used by wrestlers back then.  Even more impressive, he was in the Gentrys, a band from the 1960's.  Their big hit was "Keep On Dancing" (although Hart was not the lead singer on it).
Hart has been a tireless and creative force in wrestling for decades.  He is also one of the nicest people around.  I have seen him pose for pictures and sign autographs long after his scheduled sessions were to end.  I have talked to him several times about a multitude of subjects and he always gives full attention during each chat.  The guy must have an endless supply of energy and enthusiasm.
Jimmy Hart and me in Kokomo, IN-October 2007.