MY SHOW!


Must give a big thanks to my husband! He helped me hang my show at the FCN Bank in Harrison, OH as well as carry in my bin and card rack the evening of the reception. And he will also help me take it all down!

The reception was Thursday evening and I must admit I was a bit nervous - that no one would come! But, like my first solo show (if you offer food they will come!) some did come!

Had more of a turnout than I anticipated (in the 40+ range) – so at least it wasn’t just Mike and me sitting around! Mike asked the bank manager how the turnout compared to other openings and it was about “average”. The manager also said it depends on how many friends and family the artist has! Since I have a non-caring family and only a few friends, you can imagine my excitement at seeing real, live people walk in the door! Several came from the various art clubs, some from my classes and a few who saw it advertised or were just coming to the bank and saw it.

The bank provided a small buffet and a good friend came bearing a lovely bouquet!

I did make a few small sales, so basically I will consider it a success!