Kenny Williams Salutes Literacy

Kenny Williams played 6 seasons of major league baseball, including his first 2 with the White Sox. To most, Williams will forever be known as the GM of the 2005 World Series champions. To me, I will always be grateful that he appeared in the NIE ad series I ran while at Lerner Newspapers.
I was fortunate enough to get someone from every Chicago team, except for the Cubs (although Lerner actually covered them). Nobody thought I would get Williams, because he was with the south side White Sox and Lerner was a north side newspaper (that covered the Cubs).
Williams actually responded positively and quickly. He included the quote, an 8x10 and a quick note. It was a very nice gesture from him.
Now, years later, I might agree with some when they criticize Williams for some of the moves he has made. However, I will always have a good thought about this man who helped out a great cause.

If you have asked yourself the question-
How will I make my mark in this world?
Let me help you get started.
Step 1.-Read, understand and apply!
---Kenny Wiliiams, as quoted for the NIE ad series in 1994