Roses on Embroidered Quilt

This one is an acrylic on canvas; the quilt was embroidered by my grandmother. I have tried to figure the approximate age of some of these quilts and crocheted items. Some of them were made in the 1920’s or before. I think I remember her working on this one and a pink one, so it would have been sewn at least in the 1950’s.

As for those books and magazines from my last post, I devoured them (and actually did read a couple during a rain storm!). The 2 acrylic books will be well read reference books, and the Birgit O’Connor book and DVD (which I have not seen yet) would make a good beginner book.

I also received my Nicholas Simmons DVD which I haven't seen yet – but I will!

I have been painting again, thank goodness, and have completed a – get ready – YUPO! I also have worked on a casein and watercolor, all of which will be posted soon. At least my painting slump seems to be over!