Tavuchi-San


Today I decided to do a newer illustration of one of my favorite and most inspiring people. I had drawn her before, but it was a long time ago. Tavuchi-san is famous for her shops across Tokyo, such as "Spank!," "Ticket to Darling," and a few more. She has been innovative in her own sense of mixing late 1980's fashion into something that is relevant to the fashionable neighborhoods of Tokyo today. One of her shop staff members in the Shibuya store told me that they are also very inspired by Full House. How cool! Tavuchi-san is also a closer friend of a friend known as "Fashion Hayley", a stylish girl from Melbourne who is also very interested in Tokyo street fashion and culture. She was actually the one who got me started blooging. Arigatou Hayley-chan! haha

I was fortunate to meet Tavuchi-san when I went to Japan once. She seemed very sweet and shy! I woud love to meet her again someday...

Tavuchi-san, if you are reading this, I hope you like the new illustration! :)