I've Made a Decision

After much thought about where I am in my life and how much things have changed since I first hit the farmers' market circuit in 2008, I've decided that this summer, I won't be selling fused glass jewelry at my markets and craft shows. Instead, I'm going to focus on my beadwoven and bead embroidered pieces.

The reason behind this is simple: I just don't have the time to put into the fused glass jewelry anymore, and I would rather be doing the embroidery or beadweaving. I did pretty well with the beadwoven and embroidered pieces last summer, so I'm just going to keep moving in that direction.













And because I have some fused glass left over, I have to decide what to do with it. I don't know if I'm going to sell it on Etsy - I'm terrible at taking pictures of glass, so what I'll probably do is have a series of giveaways here on my blog during the months of July, August and September, and I'll also give some of them away as free gifts to anyone who makes a purchase from me at the farmers markets and on Etsy.

So, among the other things I have to do today, I have to finish my bead soup pieces and get ready to post those first thing tomorrow morning; finish up a few tutorials for About.com; list the two embroidered cuff bracelets I finished this week in my Etsy shop; and make some time for a trip to the playground, because it is just soooooo beautiful out this morning! Ah, the life of a work-at-home mom!