Steampunk Rings


I remember a few months ago when a friend told me 'have you heard about steampunk?’ I had no idea what he was talking about. I knew what it was but didn't know it had a name. He described it to me because he saw that I was making rings that were very similar to that style. With a little research and experiment with different materials, I created a unique style of rings. I wanted it to look like something mechanical . I also used material of natural copper and gun metal color to give it an antique look.




The technique I used includes a lot of precise coiling and twisting of 2 pieces of wire. I used about 1 meter of copper wire per ring. Originally I only had antique metal and borosilicate glass bead for the centerpiece. Recently I have included some interesting semi-precious stones: Indian Agate, Leopardskin jasper,red coral, smoky agate ,tiger eye beads and Boulder Matrix Opal.
Part of the fun in making these rings is in selecting the perfect centerpiece.

I'm also in the process of creating imaginary powers of stones , ideas for different mechanism and how these rings would have been used in the steampunk era . I used to play Role Playing game like shadowrun and Dungeon and dragon . I enjoy playing but even more creating new worlds , magical items and scenarios . Creating these rings opened many opportunities for others creative projects that I'm looking forward to realize .

My favorite :


This is my favorite because of the gear that perfectly fits in the center.

This is my original model with and antique copper bead.





Check out our Steampunk rings in our shop : www.CatherinetteRings.Etsy.com