Rug Hooked Pillow top





I have finished the top piece for a pillow. Here are samples of the different phases. First, I draw my pattern. I really like creating it myself, then I can alter it and change it as I go if I want.
I had some little circles in the background that I decided to take out because it seemed like it made my piece too busy.
The finished piece is 12 x 12 inches. You can tell it is slightly changed from the original. I love how the pieces take on their own personality as you hook them.
Now here's the hard part. I need to make it into a pillow and I don't know how. I could sew the wool flannel on the back, stitch it up and add a pillow form on the inside. Only I want to be able to clean it as time goes on so I would like to be able to take the pillow part out. I don't sew (much) so I don't know how to make zipper enclosures. Any other ideas?????