Spurs' Tony Parker Releases Hip Hop Album


The San Antonio Spurs' guard Tony Parker, otherwise known as Eva Longoria's fiance, released his debut hip-hop album....in French? Did I read this right?

Parker, 24, is a household name in France as one of the country’s highest-earning sportsmen and its biggest basketball star, but the softly spoken San Antonio Spurs guard has kept his music skills firmly under wraps until now.

The album, “Tony Parker,” features the captain of France’s national team on vocals against a backdrop of hip-hop and dancefloor beats.

The first release off the album, Balance-toi (throw yourself around) includes the lyrics: “What, you want to dance? No, it’s not worth it. Me, I’ll stay on the sofa enjoying the vibe by raising my arms.”

As if to ensure that Longoria, whom he is due to marry this summer in France, does not get jealous, it also features the line: “I’ve already got my woman for life.”

Awwww...the sweetness makes me puke a bit. I guess I never thought hip-hop was done in French.

Some of the less-than-impressive lyrics translate as: "What, you want to dance? No, it's not worth it. Me, I'll stay on the sofa, enjoy ing the vibe by raising my arms."

Oh my. Makes me want to be an arm waving couch potato.