Harajuku Lawson Girls + Fuzzy Bow


My favorite place in all of Tokyo to watch people is on Omotesando street in Harajuku. People pass by here every afternoon in order to get their picture taken. So many photographers from various magazines sit on the bicycle racks, hoping to get the the shots they need. My favorite spot to sit is right in front of the Lawson Convenience store. It is so fun to watch people hanging out, that are totally in tune with the epitome of street fashion culture. Kids dressing extremely expressive and creatively, hoping for someone to take their picture. The illustration I did of the girls sitting on the bicycle rack is inspired by those moments, as well as a snapshot I took when I was in Tokyo last. I hope you enjoy it! (Click to blow it up!)

From my blog "Street Snap Recap! http://streetsnaprecap.blogspot.com

The inspiration from this next illustration grew out one object. A big bow, that has some kind of old teddybear, stuffed animal type of texture. After that, I developed the whole character around that. I also wanted to include Katakana writing on her somewhere. I've noticed that a lot of the coolest kids in Tokyo are starting to incorporate Japanese characters, whether anime or just symbols, into their used clothing/high fashion style, etc. That's one thing that is so great about Tokyo fashion. Making the uncool cool again, and mixing stuff up like crazy.


Also..I am constantly updating two other blogs. This is my main blog, however. The other two are:

Lactose Intoler-Art Inspiration-

http://lactoseintolerartinspiration.blogspot.com

A blog with lots of images that inspire me creatively, and hopefully they can inspire you too!



Street Snap Recap-

http://streetsnaprecap.blogspot.com

A collection of my favorite street fashion photos from around the world! Mostly Tokyo, this blog is meant to support street fashion web sites, and link people to various sites!

Be sure and check out all 3 blogs to get your full street-fashion-inspiration-creativity-fix!