Friendly Encounters

This is a weekly feature highlighting friends who have met celebs.

I have known Renee Labranna for many years, although we met for the first time last year at the Glenwood, her northside Chicago bar. Renee and I have been in various sports pools for years. It was great to finally meet her and I highly recommend her place for a great time.
On Sunday July 18, Renee threw out the first pitch before a Cubs game. MTM Chicago and the OUT at Wrigley 2010 Committee hosted OUT at Wrigley 2010 at Wrigley Field and at Beyond the Ivy. Renee was the first pitch winner and zipped the pitch in perfectly.
I asked Renee about the experience and she graciously agreed to share her thoughts.

It was the greatest experience I could have imagined and everyone in the Cubs organization and MTM (the group who set up the Wii contest I won) were wonderful. The best part I think was walking back to my seat and random Cubs fans saying "great itch" or "you should be signed up...they need a lefty."
Cubs pitcher James Russell caught Renee's pitch. Russell is a young lefty, who is the son of former long-time reliever Jeff Russell. Renee commented on Russell.
Cool. Sweet guy said I should sign a 10 day contract.
I appreciate Renee sharing her story here. I also look forward to beating her in the 2010 FB Confidence Pool.

Renee Labranna and James Russell at Wrigley Field in Chicago, IL-July 2010.